How to Fundraise for Action Ethiopia
Follow our seven simple steps to help you fundraise – whether you’re running a marathon or holding a bake off we can help.
Keen to get started straight away? Contact Em at firstname.lastname@example.org we will help you with setting things up to achieve your goal.
1: Choose your event
- You can do absolutely anything to raise funds for Action Ethiopia, from organising a black tie ball to a dog walk with friends!
2: Choose a location and date
- Planning your event can take time, so the earlier you can start, the better! Think about a date early on.
- Do you need a venue? For a small party, your home or church hall could be perfect. If you need a larger or licensed venue, a school or pub may work. Let the venue know your event is for charity and they may be able to offer you a discount.
3: Ask for help
- Don’t be shy to ask friends and family. Once you have your team of volunteers, give everyone a specific task, so that you’re not doing everything yourself.
- Approach local businesses for raffle prizes or donations. You could offer them some free publicity in return. Contact us if you need an authorisation letter to use.
4: Set a target
- Decide how much you want to raise and set up a Justgiving page we can support you with this, just contact email@example.com.
- Think about how you can hit your target. If you’re organising a quiz or a concert, you might want to start selling tickets in advance or hold a raffle on the night to raise funds.
- Keep careful track of money coming in and out so that you don’t spend more than you make. T
5: Promote your event
- Once your plans are in place, spread the word. The more people who know about your fundraising, the more money you can raise6: Make your event safe
- There are a few things you need to keep an eye on while planning your event.
- Check our advice page to make sure your event is both legal and safe.
6. Keep things safe
- Make sure you have stored all data correctly, that everything is in place for your fundraising and most importantly, ENJOY IT.
7: Send in your money
A personal thank you
If you want to thank a particularly generous or helpful person who supported your fundraising, please email Em at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send one directly to them with a thank you card.
GOOD LUCK, ENJOY IT, HAVE FUN!
And behalf of those we support to create Powerful Partnerships.